Edge of the Empire: Tyche & Nemesis
disgraced astrogator pilot, genius mechanic, and huffer of industrial solvents
- Disgraced: Gavyn has lost his BOSS captaincy/pilot license, and in astrogators’ offices and circles, he is a very public and cautionary tale of what happens to those who mess up.
- 1 blaster pistol
- 1 vibroknife (boot scabbard)
- utility belt
- Electronic Lock Breaker
- tool kit
- Audio recorder disguised as a second comlink
- 4 stimpaks
Human male in late twenties.
brown hair 70s overgrown / mark hamill-style.
Usually wears standard aviation mechanic overall uniform, old and faded-blue with reflective safety tape and rubber utility pocket. It has accrued a year’s worth of oil and avionic fluid stains. Over the top of this overall Fre’way usually sports his old faded-brown Hyperspace Navigators Guild pilots’ jacket, a reminder of who he once was. Utility belt holds the tools of his new trade- a datapad
The little that Gavyn has told his new crew mates…
- He had a formal education growing up
- Unlike many who have to join the Imperial Academy, he was able to go to Flight Academy on a sponsorship program through the Hyperspace Navigators Guild.
- Worked for the HNG for six years. Piloted his own scout ship, charting new hyperspace routes and updating astrogation charts for the Expansion Region.
- Due to the isolation and monotony of his profession, he started ingesting booster blue.
- Eventually his vice was discovered during an audit and inspection of his craft.
- For the last year he worked as a mechanic on backwater planets, working on ships that he would be again be able to fly.
- Eventually he ran out of money and found himself on Urce, managing to get a job in a starship garage.
- Three months ago he met Captain Zed, who was looking for a co-pilot and engineer for the Tyche.